Monday, November 15, 2010

Shelter--Trailstar Tarp from MLD


The Trailstar tarp from MLD is going to be my new shelter at 24 oz including guide lines, stakes, and seam sealed. Now, that may be a ton for solo hiking but a steal for a shelter for three. This will be one area that I may decide to have a lighter option for solo hikes. I like the pitching options that you get with the Trailstar. This tarp gives you a nice airy shelter for nice weather and can be pitched a number of different ways to make it a very nice storm proof shelter. Might be a little tight for me and the girls in storm mode, but I think it will work out. As soon as I get one I will write up a review of it. My big issue is what color to go with. I like the stealth colors best, but like the idea of having the bright yellow if I ever need to be located in an emergency situation. I will have to think about that.

2 comments:

  1. Ross - Have you got/used the Trail Star yet? Thinking of getting one. Appreciate a user report

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not. Been to cold here in Kansas to camp. This summer I will be getting out a few times here in Kansas and Missouri. I have a 7 and 5 year old and they are not ready yet for Mountain trips in Colorado just yet. Another year or two for that. I will let you know if I get a few nights in the TrailStar.

    ReplyDelete